About Our School
Westlock is a town just north of Edmonton, with approximately 5000 people. R.F. Staples is part of the Pembina Hills Regional School Division.
R. F. Staples Secondary School provides an environment where students can develop a sense of worth by meeting their responsibilities and respecting the rights and freedoms of others.
School Motto - "Vision of the Future through Action Today"
Mission and Vision Statement
Our aim is to deliver an education program with continued support from parents and our community. We are dedicated to the personal and academic development of our students as contributing members of society. At R. F. Staples, our vision is that all students will enhance and continue to have the knowledge, skills and attitudes to be dedicated, self-reliant, responsible, contributing members of society by incorporating the TRICC values. Central to this vision we need:
- To have the flexibility to meet the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional needs of every child.
- To promote effective citizenship and self-discipline through modeling.
- To nuture individuality in a stimulating, safe and caring environment.
- To promote excellence by fostering positive attitudes towards education and life long learning.
- To engender and maintain student and staff wellness.
- To identify and provide opportunities for personal, professional and staff development.
Stay on top of your child's attendance and grades:
Enter login ID and password. If you do not have this infomormation, please call the school office.
At R. F. Staples Staff and Students Value TRICC
- Working towards common goals everyone has a clear understanding of the role they play and fulfills that role to the best of their ability.
- We value the importance of all the roles in the school.
- We recognize that the members of our team have diverse ideas that merit equal consideration.
- We provide the support systems that our team needs to be effective.
- We communicate in a variety of ways to make sure the team is working towards a common goal.
- Act with consideration for ourselves, others, property, and community.
- Demonstrate respect for staff and students by being fair, firm, and friendly.
- Encourage and model respect for the school: by picking up garbage, not walking past it; acting immediately when we see defacing of property within the school (desks, books, lockers computers, personal property)
- Show respect for the community through our actions when off campus with or without students, remaining professional.
- The actions that serve the purpose of demonstrating the TRICC values. We are sincere in WALKING THE WALK.
- We exemplify open and honest dialogue.
- We express our expectations clearly.
- Demonstrate a vast and growing knowledge of their discipline.
- Employ a variety of teaching strategies.
- Actively seek professional development to improve practice.